Friday 9 February 2018

Putting time on hold

I've done it in the summer
and in the winter too
I've thrown it to the gutters
I've thrown it to my floor
I've given it to the owners of the world
and to the preachers with the chalk
I've lent it to my fears
I've lent it to my pains

I can't waste more time
I've spent all of my savings
I can't waste more time
now that I've seen its true skin

I've invested it in the phoney men
and in the heartless women
I've swapped it for shady notes
I've enslave it for worthless goals
I've poured it into a thousand glasses
and projected it into changing screens
I've ignored it for decades
I've hidden it behind the curtains

I can't waste more time
even wastage has its boundaries
I can't waste more time
knowing what time can do to you

I'll offer it to my friends
I'll save it for myself
I'll burn it with my passions
and squeeze it for my dreams
I'll carry it to the mountains
and immerse it under the sea
I'll put it on hold
at least in my head

No comments:

Post a Comment